At AzTAP, we are committed to serving our community by making assistive technology widely accessible. To that end, AzTAP keeps track of what we do and how we impact the people we serve. A review of our data for the past 5 years (2008-2012) shows that we are a resource for:
Finding Services and Getting Answers to Assistive Technology Related Questions
- 3,296 persons received information and assistance when they called or emailed AzTAP about assistive technology issues
Providing Opportunities to Try Out Assistive Technology at No Cost
- 4,284 persons borrowed a total of 12,825 devices from AzTAP’s Lending Libraries
- 4,397 persons participated in AT Demonstrations, exploring 2,164 devices to identify products and features that would meet their needs
Making Assistive Technology More Affordable:
- Our financial loan programs approved $124,655.00 in low interest loans, making it possible for people with disabilities to buy the assistive technology they needed.
- Consumers saved $308,113.00 by using our AT Exchange website to locate and obtain pre-owned assistive technology.
- Consumers who received free devices through AzTAP’s open-ended, long term device loan program saved $20,830 compared to buying those devices at fair market value.
Reaching Out to People through Educational Events:
- 5,729 individuals participated in assistive technology education and training events sponsored or conducted by AzTAP.
Importantly, we take pride in our work and it shows:
- Our customer satisfaction surveys show that, on average, more than 95% of those who use our services and respond to our surveys report high satisfaction with their AzTAP experience.