Our Impact – By the Numbers
At AzTAP, we are committed to serving our community by making assistive technology widely accessible. To that end, AzTAP keeps track of what we do and how we impact the people we serve. A review of our data for the past three years shows that we are a resource for:
Finding Services and Getting Answers to Assistive Technology Related Questions
- 5,226 persons received information and assistance when they called or emailed AzTAP about assistive technology issues.
Providing Opportunities to Try Out Assistive Technology at No Cost
- 2,799 persons borrowed a total of 11,171 devices from AzTAP’s Lending Libraries.
- 2,846 persons participated in 1,111 AT Demonstrations and Consultations, exploring devices to identify products and features that would meet their needs.
Making Assistive Technology More Affordable:
- Our financial loan programs have approved 51 low interest loans valued at $189,645, making it possible for people with disabilities to buy the assistive technology they needed.
- Consumers saved $680,369 off the MSRP by using our AT Exchange website to locate and obtain pre-owned assistive technology.
- Consumers who received free devices through AzTAP’s open-ended, long term device loan program saved $137,424 compared to buying those devices at fair market value.
Reaching Out to People through Educational Events, Newsletters, the AzTAP Website, & Social Media:
- 2,216 individuals participated in 189 assistive technology education and training events sponsored or conducted by AzTAP.
- 7,027 persons learned about assistive technology devices and services at 286 public awareness events such as conferences, fairs and expos.
- Social Media (Facebook) has reached 10,106 persons.
- AzTAP website has had 67,550 visits.
- The AzTAP newsletter has reached 4,860 persons.
And finally, customer satisfaction matters to us:
- Feedback gathered from our customer satisfaction surveys shows that, on average, more than 95% of those who use our services report high satisfaction with their AzTAP experience.