AzTAP provides customized small and large group trainings on a wide range of AT topics. Formats include face to face presentations, hands-on workshops and webinars.
Please complete the online registration form for our trainings and events. Space may be limited!
DIY Workshop Series
AzTAP is conducting a series of AT Makers workshops for making accessible toys. Join us for the following fun, hands-on Make and Take sessions:
Switch-Adapt a Simple Plush Toy Workshop
- Thursday, October 18, 2018, 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm, or
- Thursday, November 8, 2018, 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Switch-Adapt a Simple Remote Control Toy Workshop
- Thursday, October 18, 2018; 4:00 – 7:00 pm, or
- Thursday, November 8, 2018; 4:00 – 7:00 pm
Make a Switch Workshop
- Friday, October 19, 2018; 9:00 am – 12:00 pm, or
- Friday, November 9, 2018; 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Location: All sessions will be held at
300 W. Clarendon Avenue, Suite 475
Phoenix AZ 85013
Cost: $25 / person / session
Space is limited to 12 attendees per session and is given on a first come, first serve basis. Prepayment is required.
NOTE: Consider joining us even if you have participated before. We will be using all new toys!
Information and Communication Accessibility Webcasts
Interested in learning how to make electronic communication accessible? The Association of Assistive Technology Act Programs (ATAP) has and ICT Accessibility Training Portal featuring both live training webinars and archived training webinar videos. Click here to get to get to the webinar page. From there you will be able to get to both the webcasts and to newsletter.
For links to specific webinar topics, see below:
*When you register for a webinar, you will receive a separate email with connection and login instructions.
Check back. We update our listing frequently.
We update our training events regularly; please check back to see what’s new.
- Arizona Loan$ For Assistive Technology. This closed captioned webinar (49 minutes long) describes AzTAP’s affordable financial loan programs including the loan application process and eligibility requirements. (Please be patient, depending on your internet connection [bandwidth], the webinar may take up to 60 seconds to load.) View the webinar.
- How to Make a Switch Adapted Toy. This YouTube video (16 minutes long) shows the step by step process for adapting a toy’s on/off control to make it switch accessible for children with disabilities. View the video.