What are S.E.E.D Loan$?
S.E.E.D. (Self Employment for Entrepreneurs with Disabilities) is an alternative financing program designed to assist individuals with disabilities in borrowing money at affordable rates for the purchase of office equipment, furniture, supplies, or assistive technology, who are seeking employment through teleworking or self employment.
How much can be borrowed?
Qualified applicants may be approved to borrow funds in the amounts ranging between $500 and $10,000. Pre-loan support services, flexible repayment terms, below market interest rates, and no prepayment penalties are features of this unique program.
In order to be eligible for a loan, applicants must:
- Be current Arizona residents.
- Have the legal capacity and/or ability to enter into a contractual
relationship for a loan.
- Demonstrate ability, through sufficient monthly income and credit worthiness
to repay the loan.
- Demonstrate ability to sustain a business through the completion and
submission of a business plan.
- Provide proof that the funds would be used to purchase office equipment, home
modifications, assistive technology, furniture, or inventory/supplies for self
employment or telework.
- Have an existing checking account with a financial institution or be willing
to open an account so that monthly loan payments can be automatically withdrawn
in a direct debit from the account.
You Can Gain Your Independence
That’s why we’re here. S.E.E.D. is a unique program for financing your small business needs. Funds can be used for:
- Computer equipment/software
- Home/office modifications
- Office furniture
- Vehicle modifications
- Business inventory/supplies
- Assistive Technology
… and much more. What do you need?
Where can I find the Self Employment resources on the internet?
- Maricopa Community Colleges Small Business Development Center
- Arizona Small Business Administration
- Arizona Vocational Rehabilitation
- Arizona One Stop Centers
- Arizona Bridge to Independent Living
For more information, or to obtain this document in alternative formats
We are here to help. Just contact us: