AzTAP has partnered with Achieve Human Services and RefurbIT – their computer refurbishment program – to provide access to low cost refurbished computers and IOS devices (iPads, iPhones, etc.). There are two programs available to individuals anywhere in Arizona interested in buying high quality refurbished devices from RefurbIT.
Program 1. General Public – To see items available to the general public for purchase, visit the RefurbIT website.
Program 2. Persons with Disabilities – Special discounted pricing is available for Arizonans with disabilities who also receive specific federal or state public assistance benefits. To qualify, you or a family member living in your home must 1) have a disability; and, 2) be currently receiving and able to verify at least one of the following public assistance benefits:
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8)
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHAEP)
- National School Lunch Program (Free Lunch Program)
- Social Security Disability Income (SSDI)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- State Children’s Health Insurance Plan (SCHIP) / KidsCare
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Food
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
To apply for this program, complete the online application. After your application has been processed and approved, you will be given specific login information that will allow you to purchase the computer directly from the Achieve/RefurbIT website at their current discounted prices.
EXAMPLES OF DEVICE INVENTORY and PRICING: (Subject to change/availability)
Please note that the device you receive will have similar features to the one you ordered, but may not be exactly the same!
- Beginner Laptop – Excellent Dual Core Laptop loaded with Windows 7 Pro and Microsoft Office – ideal for the person starting off or for basic home use. A tidy 12″ screen means it is very mobile and suitable for home or school use. $149
- Surfer Laptop – Need a bit more power? This laptop features a Windows 7 PC with 3Gb of Ram which will suit the user who wants a bit more. Minimum screen size is 14″ screen and loaded with Microsoft Office this machine will tick most of the boxes for Home or School use. $179
- Pro Laptop – This machine is our top of the range and would suit a user who wants more speed and power. With a Core i3/i5 processor and 4Gb of Ram this laptop will not be found wanting. Supplied with a minimum 160gb hard drive, it is ideal for business or home use. $299
- Beginner – PC Only – $79
- Surfer – PC Only – $99
- Pro – PC Only – $249
- Apple iPad2, 2nd Generation with 9.7″ Screen, 16GB, Wi-Fi & Camera. $169
For more information or help with the application, contact Martha Lewis at Martha.firstname.lastname@example.org; 602.776.4670, 800.477.9921
More About ACHIEVE and RefurbIT
RefurbIT is an initiative of the ACHIEVE Enterprise Services social enterprise. ACHIEVE provides refurbished laptops, PCs and tablets as part of its Microsoft Registered Refurbishment program.
ACHIEVE is a 501(c)3 nonprofit Agency providing employment and job skills training for individuals with developmental disabilities for more than 50 years. Additionally, ACHIEVE provides housing and case management services for individuals with Serious Mental Illness (SMI). ACHIEVE predominantly serves rural AZ and currently offers a vast range of services throughout Arizona.
ACHIEVE Enterprise Services (AES) is a social enterprise created by ACHIEVE Human Services. AES specializes in computer and electronic recycling and computer refurbishment. AES provides a variety of business offerings: IT Asset Recovery, Secure Data Destruction, Electronics recycling and IT refurbishment. AES provides a dynamic business solution in a variety of Information Technology capacities to empower people with disabilities to reach their full potential.
How to Donate Computers
If you would like to support this program you can do so by donating your end of life computer equipment to ReburbIT. They will data wipe your computers and laptops; then refurbish and license them in line with the Microsoft Registered Refurbishment program.
For further information please contact email@example.com or call Melissa on 928.341.4141.