Conference Dates: July 12 – 14, 2015Register Online
Up to 18 continuing education contact hours/ 1.8 CEUs is possible as follows:
- Optional Preconference Workshop (Sunday): 6 contact hours
- Conference Day One (Monday): 6 contact hours
- Conference Day Two (Tuesday): 6 contact hours
Depending on your continuing education needs, AzTAP is offering several options for documenting conference participation:
- New for this year: AzTAP has been approved for IACET CEUs through the AAC Institute (http://www.aacinstitute.org/CEUs/Participants.html). IACET CEUs may be used for RESNA and ASHA* continuing education and credential maintenance requirements. Applicants will document sessions attended directly to the AAC Institute. Specific instructions for completing the IACET CEU process will be provided.
- ADE CEU Certificates will be available at the end of the conference on Tuesday afternoon, July 14, 2015 for persons working in school districts.
- NAU/AzTAP Certificates will be available at the end of the conference on Tuesday afternoon, July 14, 2015 for service providers working in healthcare, rehabilitation, state agencies, postsecondary settings, etc.
- CRC CEU Certificates will be available will be available at the end of the conference on Tuesday afternoon, July 14, 2015 through Rehabilitation Services Administration (RSA) as a conference cosponsor.
- Arizona Department of Health Services (DHS) approval for Speech Language Pathologists has been granted for 16 sessions with SLP/SLPA/Audiologist relevant content. Approved sessions are marked with an * on the Sessions Description page.
Attendees are responsible for keeping their certificates and submitting them to credentialing agencies as needed; duplicates will not be issued.
*ASHA Information: According to the ASHA website, http://www.asha.org/certification/maintain-ccc/ if you earn hours in any form other than ASHA CEUs, you must keep the following documentation on every activity in which you participate including a copy of a certificate of completion/attendance…your documentation must include the following information on every activity in which you participate:
- title of the course or activity
- name of the sponsoring organization or college/university
- date(s) of attendance or completion
- number of professional development hours earned
If your chosen activities do not provide this documentation, you may use the Verification of Attendance Form [PDF] to keep track of the hours.
Please note that SLPs, SLPAs and Audiologists are responsible for making sure that the descriptions of sessions attended align with ASHA content requirements for audit purposes.