What is Assistive Technology?
Assistive Technology (AT) includes thousands of products that enable persons with disabilities to be more productive and independent in daily activities. Assistive technology products range from simple to complex and can be used at home, work, school and in the community to reduce barriers and increase personal abilities.
At AzTAP, we assist persons with disabilities of all types and ages as well as family members, service providers, employers and the general public to become better educated about the value and use of assistive technology. Let AzTAP help you choose the right technology!
We offer a comprehensive set of programs and services including:
To schedule a consultation or learn more about our services contact us at 602-728-9534 / 1-800-477-9921 or email AskAzTAP@nau.edu.
- Understanding and Managing Hearing Loss is a project of the Arizona Technology Access Program (AzTAP) and is partially funded by a grant from the Arizona Community Foundation.
- Selected, older devices in our inventory are available at no cost, for open-ended, long term loans!
- One of our AT Specialists partnered with the Sonoran Center for Excellence in Disabilities in Tucson to create a series of health self-advocacy videos in Spanish (with English captioning). Check out this one focused on Assistive Technology: How to maintain your health with technology
- There are free devices on the AT Exchange. Learn more about the AT Exchange
- Check out a Lazer video promoting our services created by an AzTAP supporter.