Save the Date
Evidence for Success Disability Conference
June 7-9, 2020
and Conference Center
Scottsdale / Fountain Hills, AZ
AT • EBP • AIVRTTAC
One Conference – Three Different Focus Areas!
If you work with or support people with disabilities, the 2020 Evidence for Success Disability Conference is designed to foster the knowledge and skills necessary to facilitate access, change attitudes and promote inclusion in education, employment and community living so that people with disabilities will fully participate in all life experiences.
The conference format integrates three of the Institute for Human Development’s (IHD) project areas into one super educational event:
ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY (AT) – celebrating 20 years as Arizona’s largest, most comprehensive Assistive Technology Conference; featuring Therese Willkomm at the AT Makers Preconference Workshop and Monday Featured Speaker.
EVIDENCE BASED PRACTICES IN DISABILITY DISCIPLINES (EBP) – bridging the research-to-practice gap to help professionals implement evidence based practices.
AMERICAN INDIAN VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION TRAINING AND TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE CENTER (AIVRTTAC) – supporting positive outcomes for Tribal members receiving vocational rehabilitation services
5 REASONS TO ATTEND:
PROGRAM: During the conference, attendees will choose from more than 60 breakout sessions across presented by speakers nationally or locally recognized for their content area expertise.
EXHIBIT HALL: Explore the Exhibit Hall to learn about state of the art assistive technology products and community resources.
VENUE: The We-Ko-Pa Resort and Conference Center offers a relaxing, pristine desert oasis where you will expand your knowledge base, reflect on the work you do and experience opportunities to network with colleagues from across the US! Click here for more hotel information.
$VALUE: Conference registration fees are very reasonable and include delicious breakfasts and lunches (unless specified otherwise). Special discounts for Arizona public/charter school staff, consumers and full time college students are available.
CONTINUING EDUCATION: Conference attendees can earn up to 19 continuing education contact hours applicable to OTs, SLPs, PTs, teachers and VR Counselors.
Our 2018 Combined Conference at the We-Ko-Pa Resort and Conference Center was a huge success. The feedback about our sessions and speakers was overwhelmingly positive:
- “Great information on using technology in the classroom, reading and math strategies.”
- “I liked all the resources that were presented in a very professional manner.”
- “The presenters are always innovative and knowledgeable. I walk away with concrete action items to implement.”
- “The content was excellent”
- “Cutting edge information, very applicable to multiple fields of professionals, a perfect chance to network and meet new people — this conference is the best!”
- “The sessions I attended were very informative and kept my attention throughout the presentations.”
- “Different presenters provided useful information that can be implemented in my local VR program.”
- “A diverse range of services and information”