Save the Date
Evidence for Success Disability Conference
June 7-9, 2020
and Conference Center
Scottsdale / Fountain Hills, AZ
AT • EBP
One Conference – Two Different Focus Areas!
If you work with or support people with disabilities, the 2020 Evidence for Success Disability Conference is designed to foster the knowledge and skills necessary to facilitate access, change attitudes and promote inclusion in education, employment and community living so that people with disabilities will fully participate in all life experiences.
The conference format integrates two of the Institute for Human Development’s (IHD) project areas into one super educational event:
ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY (AT) – celebrating 20 years as Arizona’s largest, most comprehensive Assistive Technology Conference; featuring Therese Willkomm at the AT Makers Preconference Workshop and Monday Featured Speaker.
EVIDENCE BASED PRACTICES IN DISABILITY DISCIPLINES (EBP) – bridging the research-to-practice gap to help professionals implement evidence based practices.
5 REASONS TO ATTEND:
PROGRAM: During the conference, attendees will choose from more than 60 breakout sessions across presented by speakers nationally or locally recognized for their content area expertise.
EXHIBIT HALL: Explore the Exhibit Hall to learn about state of the art assistive technology products and community resources.
VENUE: The We-Ko-Pa Resort and Conference Center offers a relaxing, pristine desert oasis where you will expand your knowledge base, reflect on the work you do and experience opportunities to network with colleagues from across the US! Click here for more hotel information.
$VALUE: Conference registration fees are very reasonable and include delicious breakfasts and lunches (unless specified otherwise). Special discounts for Arizona public/charter school staff, consumers and full time college students are available.
CONTINUING EDUCATION: Conference attendees can earn up to 19 continuing education contact hours applicable to OTs, SLPs, PTs, teachers and VR Counselors.
Our 2019 Combined Conference at the We-Ko-Pa Resort and Conference Center was a huge success. The feedback about our sessions and speakers was overwhelmingly positive:
- “Every year this conference keeps impressing me; in size, and in just how nicely it flows. The quality of presenters has emerged to the point where I like coming here as much as any other state or national conference.”
- “The variety of sessions provided opportunity to choose from EBP or AT. The number of vendors provided great information about AT and other resources.”
- “Exceptional and varied learning opportunities in the wide array of the human “disability” experience.”
- “I have to say that I enjoyed every aspect of this conference. I attended all three days and I feel blessed that I was given the opportunity to attend. Not only did I gain new perspectives and learn new things, I also met lots of new people through networking.”
- “The collaboration and willingness to share information for the overall benefit of the clients we serve. Having direct research links to support evidence will make it easier to support, advocate, and share information with colleagues.”