Adults and youth with disabilities struggle with the thought of entering and/or returning to work. Many individuals do not realize that benefits do not end; actually, they just shift. There are numerous work incentives that assist individuals to achieve financial wellness and independent living. Pathways to Further Education Employment and Independent Living through Benefits Management illustrates discusses some of the untapped resources that can support your decision to take that first step. It will include much needed information regarding Social Security rules, Social Security benefits, healthcare, and employment. We will provide information on how you can gain free access a Community Work Incentives Coordinator that can help with this transition to employment and/or post secondary education.
Key Learning Outcomes
1. Learn about savings programs that will allow one to save earned income and not count as resources against one’s Social
Security cash benefits while working.
2. How to retain healthcare benefits when one has returned to work.
3. Learn about work incentives and safety nets that can be used when considering employment without losing one’s benefits.
4. Learn about savings accounts specifically for individuals with disabilities.
5. Learn about post secondary education and how to fund it.