Our Impact – By the Numbers
At AzTAP, we are committed to serving our community by making assistive technology (AT) widely accessible. To that end, AzTAP keeps track of what we do and how we impact the people we serve. A review of our data during the 2021-2022 fiscal year shows that we are a resource for:
Finding Services and Getting Answers to Assistive Technology Related Questions
- 1843 persons received information and assistance and consultative services when they called or emailed AzTAP about assistive technology issues.
Providing Access to Assistive Technology Devices at No Cost
- 626 persons borrowed a total of 2,387 devices from AzTAP’s lending programs.
- 433 persons participated in 178 AT device Demonstrations and Consultations, exploring devices to identify products and features that would meet their needs.
Making Assistive Technology More Affordable & Attainable
- Our financial loan program approved 18 low interest loans to purchase AT valued at $80,803.00, making it possible for people with disabilities to buy the assistive technology they needed.
- Consumers saved $77,874.00 off the MSRP by using our reuse activities and assistance with finding potential funding sources.
- AzTAP provided one on one assistance for our customers to obtain 7 assistive technology devices valued at $6,950.00 from third party funding sources.
Reaching Out to People through Educational Events, Newsletters, the AzTAP Website, & Social Media
- 1,757 individuals participated in assistive technology related education and training events sponsored or conducted by AzTAP.
- Over 11,000 people learned about assistive technology devices and services at 53 public awareness outreach events.
Provision of Technical Assistance Regarding Assistive Technology & Services
- AzTAP provided 5 community organizations with Technical Assistance with their AT needs.
And finally, Customer Satisfaction Matters to Us
- Feedback gathered from our customer satisfaction surveys shows that, on average, more than 91% of those who use our services report high satisfaction with their AzTAP experience.
For additional information on AzTAP, our data, and services, review our page on the Center for Assistive Technology Act Data Assistance program site.