Understanding and Managing Hearing Loss*
Hearing loss affects many older adults and can make communication difficult for the person with hearing loss, their caregivers and family members. Most people are unfamiliar with the range of technologies, strategies and resources that are available to improve hearing and communication.
If you work with or have an older adult family member who is hard of hearing, and you would like to learn more about hearing loss in order to communicate better with your patients or family members, our online lessons will provide the information you need.
- The lessons are FREE; there is nothing to buy!
- The information is presented in three (3) easy to understand lessons.
- You can log-on to the lessons from your smartphone, iPad, tablet, or computer any time of day (or night that) works best for your schedule.
- Lessons should take about 30 minutes to complete; if you did not get a chance to finish it, you can come back to where you left off.
- After you complete the lessons, you will receive an email containing your certificate. You can share the certificate with your employer.
To begin, click on the Hearing Lessons link below.
If you have questions or experience any problems, contact Heidi Lervik at email@example.com or call 602.728-9534.
* Understanding and Managing Hearing Loss is a project of the Arizona Technology Access Program (AzTAP), a Phoenix based, statewide program of the Institute for Human Development (IHD) at Northern Arizona University (NAU). It is partially funded by a grant from the Arizona Community Foundation.
We hope you have enjoyed the Hearing Loss Lessons. If you would like to learn more about hearing loss or connect to agencies and resources in Arizona, please see the following resources: